Saturday, October 09, 2010

Gracious Lines


Soft curves on a sculpture make for graceful shadows.


Below, Pepper the cat is watching one of her favorite 'movies'. The birds that come to visit the bird feeder (which is the orb shadow).


Well, actually, it's a double treat as she also loves the warmth of the sun through the window. What a life!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jxzlgKjohCA/TDU-IQ79h-I/AAAAAAAABdE/aBYTrcH7Q0c/s1600/IMG_3956.JPG

Every week, a group of us from around the world post our shadow shots over at Hey Harriet. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted! You can view all of my 2009 Shadow Shot Sunday images on my Flickr account. Click here and then select the "Shadow Shot" set.

On Oct. 10th (tomorrow) I will be in the 'hinterlands' away from the internet (I'm pretty sure) and even a phone land line. I'll be at the Petrified Forest National Park for a 2 week stay there as an artist in residence. Being thrilled about this doesn't even begin to describe how I feel! I will schedule my SSS posts to happen here on their own. I'm not sure if I will succeed in getting my link up to the SSS site and if I do, I know that visitng and leaving comments at your sites will be nearly impossible. But, please, do come and 'visit' me and leave comments. I'll be back at your sites with comments after the 23rd/Oct.

AND...jpg magazine has an on going call for shadow shots. You can view some of the recent 'best' images posted here. You might want to consider setting up a jpg account and submit some of your own images! I think our group is worthy of it based on all the stellar shots I see each week.

5 comments:

Ralph said...

Pepper is intent on the birds, and not the shadows. Too bad, she can’t catch the birds anyway and is missing the artistic shadow...

robin. said...

the sculpture looks as smooth as butter...very pretty shadow.

Spadoman said...

Paula.. The "double" is the two great Shadow Shots.
Have a great time in the petrified forest. I'll send positive energy your way.

Peace.

Anca Pandrea said...

Great shot, I love the shadowy sculpture.

Hey Harriet said...

Sweet Pepper Puss!

Enjoy your 'artist in residence' stay. How awesome that is!!! And thanks for the jpg link. I'll go have a look at that!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin