Saturday, October 16, 2010

Don't Fence Me In!


Yep. I'm on the OUTSIDE of this fence! You can't fence me in! 


And, if you watch for it, you will see some cool shadow shots in video on this one:



In search of a ghost town in the northern central New Mexico lands. And so, we found it. But, we loved it so much and it was so peaceful and quiet that we decided not to disclose the exact location of it so that it can stay that way!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jxzlgKjohCA/TDU-IQ79h-I/AAAAAAAABdE/aBYTrcH7Q0c/s1600/IMG_3956.JPG


Every week, a group of us from around the world post our shadow shots over at Hey Harriet. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted! You can view all of my 2009 Shadow Shot Sunday images on my Flickr account. Click here and then select the "Shadow Shot" set.
As you read this post, I will be in the "way over yonder" at the Petrified Forest National Park. Out in the middle of nowhere and limited internet (I have to drive over to the visitor's center to pick up the wi-fi). Leaving comments at your sites will be nearly impossible, but I do hope you come by and visit my site and leave comments (assuming I can get my link up on SSS). I've done these posts ahead of time and scheduled them to appear when we do our weekly posts.


12 comments:

Ralph said...

Wow, the town may be gone, and maybe forgotten. There is just enough of the burg that remains we try to imagine it in its heyday, hopefully prosperous. Then the cattlemen, ranchers and prospectors moved on for greener pastures - did they find them? It remains and will continue to remain a mystery...

A fence shadow is much less daunting than the real thing!

Sylvia K said...

Great post and shadows for the day, Paula, as always! Love the idea of ghost towns! And what would we do without wikipedia???? How interesting to meet someone from there!! Hope your weekend is off to a great start! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A shadowy fence
For shadowy critters--
Shadowy fences
Give me the jitters!


SSS: Light Awaits

Catherine said...

lovely shot - you have me intrigued - presumably it wasn't as well known as Real de Catorce??

Anonymous said...

I love your fence shadow!

Crafty Green Poet said...

I'm always fascinated by ghost towns. Lovely colours in your fence photo

A Wild Thing said...

I remember the days when living in Colorado, we searched for trace remains of old ghost towns, what a blast into the past.

Would love to go see the petrified forest again and the meteor crater, I was 11 when last visited...have fun out there on the lone prairie!

Unknown said...

What an amazing video, the shadows that you capture are gorgeous, yet somehow sad that no-one longer lives there.

Had to giggle at the horses checking out your truck.

Kay L. Davies said...

Good for you, not disclosing the location. My father wrote a magazine story about the great fishing in the little town where he and Mom wintered in Mexico. He said the tourists started to arrive after that and he pretended to blame himself. ;~)

Kay, Alberta

Just Me said...

Very nice photo. I love the colors!

Melody ~ Blondie's Abode
http://blondiesabode.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

That was absolutely fascinating! I love the curious, friendly horses. I don't blame you for wanting to keep this place secret. It's amazing! Oh, forgot to look out for shadows.

Spadoman said...

I know I am very late on commenting, but I scrolled down and found this post that I missed first time around. Great shadow shots for sure, and you got them in the movie. Good stuff.
Let me ask, is that Cabezon? I recognize the round top butte. Looks like Devils Tower, (which is really Bear Lodge, or Grey Horn Butte in Wyoming). Also looks a lot like Cooke's Peak down between Hatch, Deming and Hillsboro.
Good stuff. Good movie making!

Peace.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin