Tuesday, September 14, 2010

500th Post!!!! Incredible!!



ABC Wednesday is a word meme with participants from around the world. This fabulous meme was created and hosted by Mrs. Denise Nesbitt who hails from Great Britain. Over time, others have joined in to help host this wonderful and informative meme. We are now in our seventh round-some of the participants have been with this from the very first round; others have joined in along the way. Each week we are taken across the globe to see the varied and exciting contributions people have taken the time to discover and capture. We start with the letter, "A" and each week we post something in regards to the next letter of the alphabet. This week's letter is, "I".

ICHTHYOLOGIST 


You might guess from the image that an ichthyologist has something to do fish. And, yes it does! One who studies fish. Which you could do with this fine specimen! Courtesy of Pike's Fish Market in Seattle from my one and only visit there back in '06! Personally, I don't know any ichthyologists, so I couldn't snatch a photo of one. I hope this fish will do.

IMAGES


I couldn't help but notice that this is my 500th post! Incredible! Which means that this blog is full of images. I often post about 4 images each time. That would mean that there are more than 2,000 images on this blog alone. Staggering, huh?

IMPRINT


This was in my rose garden. It's one of those plastic base thingies for those plastic planters that mimic terra cotta. I had put it on the ground with water in it and anchored it with a concrete block. It was intended for the ground feeding birds such as the doves. But, they preferred the other water in the bird bath and so the water in this collected algae and sludge. Which made for a pretty cool imprint of the concrete block. Easily  amused, wouldn't you say?

INSECTS


Not just one, but two insects!! This praying mantis snagged a bee from the bird bath and climbed down with it to munch it in peace from his comrades. Did it make you shudder? It does have a sci-fi/horror movie kind of feel to it.

21 comments:

deb did it said...

Happy 500...I am approaching my 600th next week! I always enjoy my stops by your place here....! ( Spadoman) is a mutual friend!

Gigi Ann said...

Congratulations on the 500 posts.

What a great selection of I words today. I liked the Insect one...Scary!!

Sylvia K said...

Oh, yes! Happy 500! You do have a wonderful blog that I always enjoy! I'm approaching 1500 and that blows my mind!! I love all your photos for the I Day and what a great choice of I words! Have a terrific week, Paula!

Sylvia

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

good 4 u,
Happy 500th post.
cheers!

Kay L. Davies said...

500. Wow, Paula, I just made it to 100. I'm just a baby, blogwise.
Great "I" words. I once dated an ichthyologist. Long ago and far away. LOL
Imprints -- now I should know a thing or two about those because I'm a printer by trade. Unfortunately, a trade facing extinction through computerization, although there are still a few purists around. Once a proud and noble trade because printers were craftsmen who had to be completely literate.
Kay
Alberta, Canada

EG CameraGirl said...

You've assembled an INCREDIBLE selection of I's for your 500th post. :)

Reader Wil said...

Congrats with your 500th post! Great post now and interesting too! Thanks for sharing!

photowannabe said...

Hey, congratulations of 500 posts. Its kind of mind boggling isn't it? Can you believe in 5 more posts I will be at 1000? That really amazes me.
Love your praying Mantis. We saw our first one yesterday on our garbage can. I tried to take some pictures of it but they didn't turn out too well. I got mostly garbage cans.
I like the collage you posted too Paula.

Amy said...

Paula, The imprint may easily amuse you but some of us might find it extremely creative. Congrats on 500 posts - I'm nowhere near that but in time....

Tumblewords: said...

Happy 500th! Amazing how quickly the time flies when one's blogging! :) Love the I's. The insect shot is scarily weird. I love the concrete block shot - it looks like it should MEAN something. :)

Cheryl said...

w00t w00t! Happy 500th and 2000th! This is quite a milestone. You celebrated in style with these images. I'm strange since I loved the prey mantis the best!

Leslie: said...

The picture of the fish is creepier than the bug! lol Congrats on 500 posts. Always enjoy coming by to see what you've come up with for ABCW. Have a great week! :D

Roger Owen Green said...

something fishy about that 1st pic.

congrats on 500; i just passed 2000

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

??? said...

The mantis photo is great. They are a bit creepy but very cool insects.

Unknown said...

Dear Paula,
Thank you for your kind words on my i-post! I feel better already!

Happy 500-posts!

Love you fish-photo!
You have found a lot of very good I-words here!

Lovely images all around, even the praying mantis.

Best wishes,
Anna

For the benefit of other readers:
Anna's abcWed rnd 7 post-'I'

Rune Eide said...

Congratulations with the 500! Now you will be followed by all the ichthyologists of the world :-)

Carol said...

Congrats on the 500th post! Your blog is always so interesting. Here's to 500 more...at least. The mantis is somehow pretty , I think.

Leau said...

Yah for you! that's Impressive...

Joy said...

Happy 500 and your multifarious images are always a joy. I find Praying Mantis beautiful and fascinating, but then I am not a bee.

LisaF said...

Congrats on your 500th post! Quite an Impressive accomplishment. Love all your pics for today's selection. As one who also tends to post photos, I shudder to think how many I have in my file!

paris parfait said...

Congrats on your 500th post! Here's to your next 500!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin