Saturday, September 11, 2010

Katydid, She Did


Right there. On the screen of the window to my rose garden. Katydid


She told me that ordinarily, she doesn't pose for paparazzi shots like this, but she made an exception. Perhaps because she could see that I was totally enthralled with 'her'! Oh, and I told her that the whole world would see this on my Shadow Shot Sunday post.

Very gracious, that Katydid.


Barn door hardware never looked so good.


And it might seem familiar to one from a previous post. Same door, different piece of hardware, that's all! New against the old.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jxzlgKjohCA/TDU-IQ79h-I/AAAAAAAABdE/aBYTrcH7Q0c/s1600/IMG_3956.JPG 


Every week, a group of us from around the world post our shadow shots over at Hey Harriet. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted! You can view all of my 2009 Shadow Shot Sunday images on my Flickr account. Click here and then select the "Shadow Shot" set.

16 comments:

robin. said...

so nice when the little creatures pose for you...i'm sure she was impressed that she was making world wide attention!! also love the barn wood photo.

happy sss paula!!

Ralph said...

Katy is an artist full of temperament, so it is not the photographer at work that will or will not allow a picture now. It is the approach the artist takes, and perhaps just asking nicely, Katy is more 'real' than the characters she plays...

Hardware always looks better in shadow!

Cassie said...

And I for one, am glad Katy did. Both ShadowShots are perfect.

Catherine said...

love both shots - such artistry in colour contrast and textures - fabulous!!

BLOGitse said...

new against old - how artistic result!

Anonymous said...

Excellent shadow shots! I love the old barn door!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Katydid
clinging to screen—
do you sing?

SSS: Come, Light

Kay L. Davies said...

Very kind of the katydid to make an exception for you. I love the shadow of the new hardware. ;~)
Kay
Alberta, Canada

Serendipity said...

Great macro shot! Well spotted :-)

EG CameraGirl said...

Katy is a great find! I love how much the circle shape is elongated in the hardware shot.

A Wild Thing said...

It takes me forever to mow my grass, as I'm always waiting for the katydid' to fly out of harms way, such delicate creatures...now, the grasshoppers, I plow right over them...I wonder why???

The flea market will actually be on site, but I got the website name secured too, so who knows what kinda virtual goings on I'll have...you know me, never a dull moment, but I'm having fun with this one, have already talked to a silk screen company that is right next door to the Candle Shed, so t-shirts are being designs...you'd think at 61, I'd be slowing down...don't think I know how...ha!

Have a great Sunday!!!
s

Hey Harriet said...

I'm glad katydid made an exception. She's very pretty...in a weird green alien kind of way :)

The barn door shadow shot is cool too!

Re the polaroid effect with my shots: they were taken with the hipstamatic app with iphone. Which I'm a little bit obsessed with right now :D

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Love the shadow of that hook...but I love saying katydid, so her shadow wins with us this weekend!! Hope you're having a super weekend Paula!

Unknown said...

Great shadow shots, nice of Katy to pose for you.

Marilyn & Jeff said...

I love these photos, fantastic colours in them both and great shadows.

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Really cool Katydid shot...I love the sec ond one too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin