Thursday, October 30, 2008

Molokai Shadows

I'll admit it. I'm obsessive and often find that I have to resist fixating on things. But, I'd like to think that I put it to good use via my photography. I call that "channeling your energy for good use"!

The previous post I did on shadows and the comments I received on it made me realize just how many images of shadows I have. And it also made me realize that I did not have a folder in my Photoshop Bridge dedicated to just images of shadows. I love the features in CS3 (Photoshop) Bridge as it allows me to organize files in ways I never thought possible! Sigh...I'm obsessing again, aren't I?

Back to the topic at hand. I'm drawn to things with patterns and textures. Hence, the attraction to shadows. Patterns beyond my imagination right there in everyday life!

These are shadows from Molokai. As is; no adjustments made.

This one is one of my all time favorites. It's the shadow cast by the back of a wrought iron chair. It is an abstraction unto itself!

So, there you go, more shadows. I won't even tell you about the stash of images I have of my own shadows! I put those in a folder that I call, "Self Portraits".

4 comments:

d smith kaich jones said...

Despite my childhood fear of shadows (actually, it was just MY shadow; how revealing!) I LOVE shadows - they have a life of their own. Truly. And their own secrets.

:) Debi

GlorV1 said...

I too love shadows. When you look at your own shadow, you say to yourself, "hey, that is me." Life is mysterious. Great pictures. I found your blog through the bloglandia day. Take care and I look forward to seeing your "ofrenda." Stop by my blog and check mine out. Thx for sharing.

Debbie Doughty said...

Have you heard of Shadow Shot Sunday hosted by Hey Harriet? Here's the link if you are interested:

http://heyharriet.blogspot.com/

paris parfait said...

Love these images of light and shadow.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin