Saturday, March 11, 2017

Solid Like a Rock



If this lichen could talk! The stories it could tell. Lichen grows very slowly. Usually an average of 1 mm/year or .0393701 inches/year. Although you have no sense of scale as to how big this rock is, take my word for it, it is boulder-sized. I'm guessing 3 1/2 feet. I was taken by how intensely covered this rock was that it reminded me of a frosted cupcake.

I am celebrating the mundane!

Join us as a group of us (yes-there are many of us!) from around the world post our shadow shots over at Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted!

5 comments:

Jim said...

Powerful image.

Kathe W. said...

I made boulder sculptures in my shadow shots! Have a lovely day!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Yes. That is an intense example of lichen activity.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Slow-growing lichen would tell an endless tale, don't you think?

colleen said...

A meteorite? I can almost imagine it animated.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin