Saturday, May 16, 2015

A Rose By Any Other Name Would Smell As Sweet





"What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet"
~William Shakespeare

Remember that quote from Romeo and Juliet? Juliet is lamenting the fact that Romeo is a Montague and that it was the family name the forbade them to even talk to each other. Ah, but, alas-love had already taken its hold on the fated couple...

Fast forward to the present. I am a fan of the show, "Dancing With The Stars" and watch most if not all of the shows (although I didn't start watching until season 7, I think). Anyway, I heard a great quote from Demi Moore in regards to her daughter, Rumer Willis. Demi said that it was great to watch the passion grow greater than the fear (in her daughter). What a great 'mantra' to embrace, don't you think? It seems that generally, we tend to let our fears be greater than our passion-which really gets in the way.

So, I'll leave you with that thought to embrace-letting your passion grow far greater than your fears.

Join us as a group of us (yes-there are many of us!) from around the world post our shadow shots over at Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted!

8 comments:

Kathe W. said...

excellent post! Good advice!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I'm assuming that both the rose and the shadows are in your backyard, correct?

Six Words and Shadows

colleen said...

Even pink has a shadow.

Annie Jeffries said...

Relieving myself of fear has been my number one effort since January of last year. The change in me is remarkable. Freedom from fear is so . . . freeing.

EG CameraGirl said...

I LOVE the idea of passions being greater than fears!

Leovi said...

Yes, I like the bright colors you've got this beautiful flower!!

fredamans said...

Beautiful bloom!

NatureFootstep said...

lovely rose enhanced with shadows :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin