Saturday, September 04, 2010

Shadow Dreams



Every yard should have a hammock out during the lazy, crazy days of summer. A hammock that bekons you to come and lay in it and perhaps take a nap. Relax. Let the rest of the world go by. I think it is a healthy perscription for all of us!


Although, this is not my hammock and this is not my backyard! BUT, I do have a hammock in my back yard under the shade of the fruitless mulberry tree. The hammock you see here is at a bed and breakfast up in Jemez. Nice touch...this invitation to relax.


Here is the home of said hammock. Right below this cottage is the Jemez stream. What a perfect way to spend the afternoon-napping in the hammock while the stream lulls you to sleep.


This is by the front door of that cottage below the hammock area. I could get used to this...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jxzlgKjohCA/TDU-IQ79h-I/AAAAAAAABdE/aBYTrcH7Q0c/s1600/IMG_3956.JPG 



Every week, a group of us from around the world post our shadow shots over at Hey Harriet. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted! You can view all of my 2009 Shadow Shot Sunday images on my Flickr account. Click here and then select the "Shadow Shot" set.

14 comments:

Ralph said...

Our mulberry tree gives us fruit for about three weeks - and every squirrel and bird for blocks around descends on our front yard to consume and enjoy!

Naturally, a hammock under a tree full of ripe berries, now that is a messy thought!

Relax when you can...

BLOGitse said...

Why I feel so tired...oh, your hammock...I need a nap! Now! :)

Sylvia K said...

Great shadow shots as always, Paula! I do love that hammock! Have to agree with Ralph regarding the hammock under a tree full of ripe berries! Messy thought indeed! Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Catherine said...

love that hammock shadow!!

Anonymous said...

No hammock in my yard. Too many flies and no privacy!

Arija said...

Our son once gave us two hammocks for Christmas, we slung them between a couple of trees and never got to use them before they rotted away in the weather. Just too busy with the farm, the garden and mosquitos.
Maybe on holidays we would have had a chance.
Nice shots, especially of the hammock.

Sam said...

Oh that hammock! How I would love to lie in that for an afternoon! Do you make a pie out of the mulberries at all? We used to have a blueberry tree in our back yard and would make pie - it was pretty good actually!

Lovely shots!

A Wild Thing said...

Well, here in Iowa you'd have to have a mosquito net to keep all the bugs off...there is always a pesky fly during the day and the mosquitoes at night...always a buzzing and a tickling and a stinging, never a moments rest!!! But I love the thought of it...

s

Just like Martha said...

Wouldn't mind a coffee and a good book and your hammock right about now! Great shadows as usual. Happy SSS from Australia x

Hey Harriet said...

Oooh I could get used to that too! I don't have a hammock. I can imagine myself happily napping in one under a mulberry tree :)

I'm feeling all sleepy now...

Zzzzz....

Spadoman said...

It does look like a very nice place to spend some time. Jemez is on my list of places to stop. Haven't been the the springs there in years. I'll be down that way, leaving here September 8th.
Nice shadow shot, sharp edges and a nice touch as far as the yard decorating.


Peace.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Summer shadows.
Oh, I can hardly wait for this!

Anonymous said...

Malcolm hasn't used his hammock this summer - I'm not brave enough .... I'm sure I would roll right over and fall out the other side!!

leigh hewett said...

I stumbled upon your lovely blog and wanted to tell you about a project that I have going on over at my Blog. The Happiness Project is a Tuesday blog hop that I host. All you have to do is post a photo of something that makes you happy, it's that simple. I'm trying to take over the blogosphere with happiness!

Here is a link to last week's post if you would like to check it out.

http://leighvslaundry.blogspot.com/2010/08/happiness-project-week-26.html

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin