Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ride 'Em Cowboy!

Yippee tay yay yeh!


Exhibit "A": Fabricated "Cowboy"




Exhibit "B": Fabricated Cowboy's Shadow!


These treasures are in The Wheels Museum in Albuquerque. The museum isn't very big and the hours of operation are scant. But, what is of greater importance is that they have been the guardians and caretakers of our beloved Rail Yard. It is a labor of love, passion and commitment.  Without their, well, really, Leba's drive and passion (it is al due to this one person), the Rail Yard would still be in a state of neglect and yards of pigeon poop! You can view more shots of The Albuquerque Railyard at my Flickr Photostream (link is in the line up on left of this blog).

Every week, a group of us from around the world post our shadow shots over at Hey Harriet. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted! You can view all of my 2009 Shadow Shot Sunday images on my Flickr account. Click here and then select the "Shadow Shot" set.

12 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, fun shadow shots for the day, Paula!! Hope you're having beautiful weather and you enjoy a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia

Rosebud Collection said...

What a cute cowboy..nice shadow he gave..
Happy SSS.

Cassie said...

I'm oddly attracted to that art made out of scrap metal...I guess it's good that I don't run into it for sale or I'd have my own junkyard!! Good Shadow Shots. Yippee-Ki-Yi-Ki-Yaaaa!!

Ralph said...

The spurs leave a great shadow on the wall! I like the oddity, a museum of metalworking. We tend to assume that artists only work with brushed and oils, but welding and fabricating has an artistic quality - I have known owners of machine shops, and they have an eclectic sense about themselves, like any artist. Nice capture, neat museum!

Darcel said...

That's a cool shadow shot.

Unknown said...

Awesome shot. Great SSS.

Hey Harriet said...

Yee-ha! He's a cutie! I like both exhibits A and B :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Cool cowboy! I'm sure I would LOVE that museum!

A Wild Thing said...

How cute is this lil' dude...very artistic and sooooo Western!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Cow puncher of steel
(or are you copper?), I’m here—
tell me a whopper!

Wisdom stone

Clytie said...

Love the cowboy and his shadow!!!

Happy SSS!

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Wow...fun shots! Cool cowboy!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin