Saturday, November 07, 2009

Eeeeewww!

The GIANT Spider!!!!

Even though it's not real, it still elicits this inner response from me: eeewwww!

This is the 'leftover' Halloween image. If I had a memory that I could rely on, I'd save this for next year. But since I don't, I will defer to use it a week after the holiday as it does have a fabulous shadow!

It is fun as the little ones that are on the brave side like to point out to me as they come to my front door Trick or Treating, (in costume of course) that there is a giant spider on our house. And, I can't help but reply with, "Oh, I hope that that spider is not hungry or that he is a friendly spider!"

Nothing like stirring up the imagination of a child!

Every week, a group of us from around the world post our shadow shots over at Hey Harriet. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted!

You can also view all Shadow Shot postings I've done by scrolling all the way down and on the left side you will see an archive of labels for my posts. Look for Shadow Shot Sunday and click on that link for an "all you can view" buffet of shadow shots!

14 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

Not many things give me the creeps, but spideys are number one on the list, just looking at them makes my skin crawl...ominous...ominous!!!

Now I'll try to have a normal day after the trauma...have a great weekend girl!

Ralph said...

This is sixteen legs of fluffy, plush fun! Agree with you on Arachnids, but they serve a useful purpose in God's natural world. And this giant 'being' does have a classic shape and the basic black is an exquisite and stylish color. A fine capture and beautiful shadow!

Sylvia K said...

What a terrific shadow shot! Not that I'd want to bump into this guy and a dark and stormy night -- well, anytime actually! But I do love your shot!

Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia

Dimple said...

The shadow is great, and the spider looks just unreal enough. I actually don't mind spiders, except in my house...

Rosebud Collection said...

Heck, that guy would have scared me..Not a fan of spiders either.
Happy SSS.

Deb said...

I like spiders (I know, I know) and appreciate the colors of this, as well as the bright colors -- enhanced by the shape and shadows!

Cathy said...

Creepy little {or big} guy.. Great shot.

Hey Harriet said...

Haha! Nothing like stirring up the imagination of a child eh? They probably couldn't sleep due to horrible nightmares about spiders eating them ;)

A fun shadow shot! It creeped me out. Real or not, spiders scare me!

Catherine said...

eeek!! great scary shot!!

EJ said...

I second the motion sweet repose. My wife teases me all the time when we see a spider because she can hold it but I can't.

Come and find out on how to become tall at my page.

wanderlust said...

Aloha! Great photo, I love it!

Chubby Chieque said...

Awww... I hate cripping things. This shadow showing me that you're enjoying your time in the heat of your beautiful sun.

Have a wonderful SS.
xoxo

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Wow..that's a huge spider, and great shadow!

Anonymous said...

Yikes!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin