Sunday, May 20, 2007

"Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" -Rumi

I'm grateful for the people who have translated Rumi's writings for us. Such an ancient, wise person, this Rumi!
What a beautiful morning it was today! Instead of heading off to my 8:15 a.m. yoga class, I opted to use the time to work in the yard pulling up weeds and doing just general cleanup.
I remembered that we had spotted nests in our trees; the apple tree has a Turtle Dove sitting on two eggs. Out in the side yard in the black honey locust tree up high is a Robin diligent in her egg sitting watch. Robin's build their nests up pretty high. This makes photography of them nearly impossible. This one was in ladder range, so out came the ladder. Mrs. Robin did a lot of yelling at me, but I was was sure not to touch anything lest she not come back to tend the egg. I had never seen a Robin's egg and I was surprised at the color. Although, I have seen paints and pencils named, "Robin's Egg". Now I know why.
The middle photo is a close up of my graduation lei that my sister sent me. Many, many dendrobium orchids are in this lei; the flower is split in two and the petals are sewn together to get this neat pattern.
The last one is of a blue Chevy that I drive by on my way in to work on Edith Street. I wish I knew what year it was. Love, love, love those old trucks!
Yesterday, I was in pursuit of a yellow swallowtail butterfly in my garden. I'll post him soon.
So, I am constanly mortgaging what little cleverness I have to buy bewilderment. Every day. I don't have all the answers. I have a lot of questions. The more I learn, it seems, comes the realization that I know very little.

2 comments:

Sus said...

wow that Robin's egg is gorgeous! I too have never seen one in person...that I'm aware of anyway! And love the lei pic. Plumeria's are my fav lei flower.

Raine K said...

Love the truck - great color!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin