Wednesday, May 16, 2007

May ATCs

These are a couple of the ATCs I did for our May trade. The theme was "Pre-Raphealite" or any art movement. I figure these fell into the category of abstract, even though that is a style, not a movement.
Close enough!
I didn't even think I would have time to make anything for the trade since I was finishing up a grueling semester and graduation on the same day as our trade!
But, I found some monoprints that I had sitting around and remembering my resolution from Feburary (use what I have), I put more paint on it and sumi ink and streaks of gold, and tore them up into 2 1/2" X 3 1/2" pieces.
One of my printmaking teachers said to take everything you make seriously. What she meant by this is what I've done here. I didn't like they way these were and took it in a different direction instead of discarding them forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! I'm trying to use up all the background papers I've made through the years. I love pulling out one that I don't like, adding to it, and then actually being able to use it! :)

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

congratulations on your graduation!

Very true what your printmaking teacher said. I've done that before-taking something that I totally thought was terrible and then taking it to another direction after I let it sit for a while.

Thanks again Paula for what you told me at the coffee shop in Pioneer Square. It really stayed with me. You helped me more htan you know! Thanks again.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin