Monday, February 12, 2007

Resolutions

The topics we pick for each month's ATC (Artist Trading Card) theme is random. Feburary's theme was, "Resolutions". Funny that should be the one for the start of the year (hey, it's Chinese New Year this month, so that makes it even more relevant). I picked 3 resolutions and did about seven cards with each resolution written on it. The one that I am going to focus on the most is, "Use what I have". That's what this card is about: I had some paper I made about 6 years ago sitting around. I have a slew of hand carved stamps. I have colored wax for encaustic art, copper wire for my jewelry making projects. I need to focus on what I have, huh? And just use it. It's not going to be easy to stop myself from buying things I think I need. The lesson here is so universal too, in a much broader sense: FOCUS ON WHAT YOU HAVE (and stop longing for what you don't). I'll have to keep renewing this one each year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin