Friday, January 09, 2009

Frozen In Time

How is it possible

That something could really be

Frozen in time?

When you think about it, the whole concept or notion that we have about time is so far removed from what it is. I'm not professing to say that I know what that is. I certainly don't!  

We treat it as though it were a concrete, linear thing that we have ownership of. We often think of it as a static thing, such as 'being frozen in time".  We moan that we do not have enough free time to get x, y and z done. Or that it is something that stands still, like having 'time on your hands'. Or, being 'on time'. Time keeps moving forward and never stops. Yet, we quantify it and measure so that we know where we are in this moving continuum. How can you be 'on time'?  OK, there has to be such a thing as being on time and being late in relation to this measured continuum. I'll have to admit to that. But it only serves to show us where we are on this moving continuum.

How I so wish I had Einstein's brain as I think he had a better notion than any of us as to what time really is. Talk about a very right brained dude...he certainly was to be able to wrap his head around so many abstract concepts such as time.

Alright, so now I'm 'out of time' (he he) and will leave you pondering this concept that we have of time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin