Saturday, January 19, 2019

Greet the brand new day!





The sun never rises and sets from the exact place in the sky each day-it travels across the horizon, going from one side of the horizon to the other and back again during our yearly seasonal  cycle. This image demonstrates it better:

(copyright image from Basics of Celestial Motion)

The reason I say this is because the light hits our living space differently throughout the year-which is true for each and everyone of us. Therefore, it will cast shadows on a given day in a way that it doesn't for the rest of the year. Such is the case here for what I caught yesterday morning as the sunlight made its way into our living room. I thought it was a beautiful, if not fleeting, show!

I know I've been awol for a month-life got too busy I guess. But, hope springs eternal and I hope to do better this year!

Join us as a group of us (yes-there are many of us!) from around the world post our shadow shots over at Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin