Saturday, January 20, 2018

A Young Papaya








I find the flowers of the papaya fruit to be simply elegant. You can see the small bud of the fruit to the right of the white flower. Did you know that papaya trees have gender? You need to have a male tree within the vicinity of a female tree and rely on bees to do the work. Otherwise, you will not get fruit. I don't know if this is true for commercial papaya growing-since they have science to manipulate their results by way of hybridization. I suppose I could look it up. Nah...I'll just continue to wonder.  :-)


Join us as a group of us (yes-there are many of us!) from around the world post our shadow shots over at Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted!

#celebratingthemundane
#walkinthebeautyaroundyou

3 comments:

colleen said...

So rich with a mix of shine and shadow.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

You can wonder about the sexiness of the trees, while I marvel about the shadow shot!

Kathe W. said...

sweet little papaya!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin