Saturday, December 31, 2016

Ring Out the Old and Ring in the New!





For some of you reading this, you've already rung in the New Year and for others like myself, it is about to happen in a few hours. May it be a safe and happy celebration and here's to a new year! As an optimist, I always hope that it will be better than this year-not that this year was bad, I just hope for better!







Small pleasures in life-I bought myself a new rake so that I could more efficiently rake all the doggone (yes, it's come to that as it is a prolific tree that produces every day) macadamia nuts. However, since I bought it, it has been rainy every day-which interferes with my progress on this project! As of 2 hours ago, we've already had more than 4" of rain today and it has rained non-stop since the wee hours of the morning. It's not a storm per se, just a LOT of wet. It's a La Nina kind of weather pattern right now. But, I think better the rain than an epic snow storm, that's for sure!

Join us as a group of us (yes-there are many of us!) from around the world post our shadow shots over at Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted!


6 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Yes. We too have had an extended rainy season on my Mornington Peninsula, with little sign of the Australian summer that should be in full swing by now. Christmas Day was summery, but little else has evolved. A very happy New Year to you.

Nonnie said...

that's a lot of rain in a short time! A northern state's forecast was several inches of snow- not here thank goodness. I like the hour glass images; I've never seen one that large. The new year will be here in Indiana in about one hour and 45 minutes. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I love the rake shadows! Happy New Year, Paula!

Rajesh said...

Good one. Wish you Happy and Prosperous New Year.

colleen said...

2016 is just a shadow. Ooooh love the rake!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Happy New Year to you!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin