Saturday, May 28, 2016

Am I Really Here?






Sometimes I still feel like I'm in a dream that I am truly back here at home where I was born here on Molokai. Just as much as I miss New Mexico, I am embracing being here. In the past 10 days, I've been to the beach more times than I have in 3 years! 

This kind of a move is grueling and spans over months and even beyond a year or two. The work seems endless and the stress is intense. We got our container yesterday. It was supposed to be here earlier, but you are at the mercy of the shipping company, the trucking company, Homeland security, and so much more. Although there is still much to do by way of cleaning, painting, unpacking, etc., we try to find time to celebrate being here. And, we are returned with unexpected gifts. 

Tonight was no exception as we pulled into the driveway and got out of the car, Jessica gasped at the sky of a star-encrusted sky. We have no light pollution here, so on a clear night, you can see why it's called the, "Milky Way". My older brother, Robert is self taught on many subjects and star constellations is one. On a clear summer's night, we'd lay on the lawn in the back yard and he'd point out a whole slew of constellations. Of course, I barely remember any of them, save for the big Dipper!

The other treat we had was the heady perfume of the night blooming Jasmine. We'll get to enjoy that fragrance for the next month or so in the evenings. It's next to our front porch-I have the doors open and the fragrance is wafting throughout the house. So heavenly!

Join us as a group of us (yes-there are many of us!) from around the world post our shadow shots over at Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted!

4 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Delightful swirl of shadow patterns. Great to hear you are finding amazing experiences in Molokai.

Valerie said...

Yes, lovely pattern revealed in this shadow shot. So glad you are finding all the positives in moving house, despite the major upheaval - many joys await you!

colleen said...

It got me spinning a little. Fun!

Nonnie said...

With security restraints, especially when traveling, I should have figured all that you would encounter moving bak to Molokai. I hope you'll show us the exterior of your home. Glad to hear you arrived safely.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin