Monday, December 07, 2015

12 Days of Mary: Day 7




Black Madonna @ Honolulu Art Museum



I wish I could tell you more about the origin of this image. It is in the Honolulu Art Museum-there was an exhibit of the Madonna back in the Spring, 2015. I remembered this as being labeled as a Black Madonna, but my memory could be in error as I did not have a way to have corresponding notes to go with the image.


About the 12 Days of Mary: Everyone is invited. While this is not about religion, it is about sharing, opening hearts, rejoicing in ultimate mother love.
It is about light, compassion, inspiration, and the sweet chance to begin each day together in beauty and peace.

Some will write amazing words of inspiration and prayer. Others tell a story. Often, the image alone conveys the message and that is enough.


Come see what others have shared over at Rebecca's page. Feel free to join in with us whether if it's for one day or all 12!

6 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Reminds me of the Black Christ (Cristo Negro) I saw in Panama a few years ago...

gma said...

Beautiful with a halo of stars. :-)

Gillena Cox said...

Such a wonderful find, thanks for sharing with us

much love...

J C said...

I really like this statue. It looks hand carved. I like simple art like this. Thanks for sharing some Mary Love.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen this madonna before, even in my Pinterest journeys. She is lovely.

rebecca said...

i LOVE HER!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin