Saturday, October 12, 2013

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta 2013


"Have a Heart" © Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio


I loved this shadow as it looked so much like a heart! It is actually two balloons casting one shadow giving the impression of a heart! And, when I shot this, I did not realize that the balloon behind it had the "WWJD" acronym on it ("what would Jesus do?").

People

"Cat!" © Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio


For the most part, we have had INCREDIBLE weather for this year's Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. It runs for about 8 days and I've managed three trips over to Balloon Park this week. Yay me! All unique experiences from the others. I did post a video on it since I took so many photos, I thought the best way to present them was via a video. Go check it out!
Come join us every week, as a group of us from around the world post our shadow shots over at Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted!

6 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Terrific captures and shadows for the day, Paula!! Wonderful balloons! I love flying in them -- so fun to look the birds in the eye!! Have a lovely weekend!

Ralph said...

The Land of Enchantment looks quite enchanting indeed with the sea of color of the balloons lifting into the limitless blue NM sky. Nice video - and is that clock the Cogsworth character from Disney's Beauty and the Beast? Even with their advertisements, each balloon in the slideshow is stunning to behold!

Catherine said...

Very striking shots.....really powerful images...wonderful

BLOGitse said...

I can see the heart!
But funniest are people - do all the people look like that? :) hahahah
BLOGitse

Laura said...

wonderful shadows... just this morning I thought I heard a hot air balloon outside... i didn't see it but I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

MyMaracas said...

Wonderful! Lucky you, to get to see that every year. We went in 2011 (from Indiana), and it was a truly unforgettable experience.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin