Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Really Ravishing Ruby Red Rheostats Rumbling Respectufully


ABC Wednesday is a word meme with participants from around the world. This fabulous meme was created and hosted by Mrs. Denise Nesbitt who hails from Great Britain. Over time, others have joined in to help host this wonderful and informative meme. We are now in our EIGHTH round! Some of the participants have been with this from the very first round; others have joined in along the way. Each week we are taken across the globe to see the varied and exciting contributions people have taken the time to discover and capture. We start with the letter, "A" and each week we post something in regards to the next letter of the alphabet. This week's letter is, "R".

RIO GRANDE RIVER BY THE ROADSIDE


There seems to be a lot of R's in where I live and my daily life! I live in Rio Rancho, NM.

Which is not too far from the Rio Grande river.

The state bird is the road runner.


ROCKS


Whether you live in the greater south west area or not, I would contend that it is not hard to find rocks of any kind.



Especially RED ROCKS!



REAPING THE HARVEST


This is what I reaped last fall from my Braeburn apple tree. They were all delicious and I'm proud to say that they were bountiful and pesticide free! This was one of three baskets.



Sigh...and I'm feeling a need for some rather obscure R words too-such as, rock-ribbed. Which means 1) rockbound  2) firm and uncompromising in one's views. Now you can step out today and refer to your favorite hard headed person in your life as being rock-ribbed!

And, you know the Roebuck in Sears Roebuck? That's a male roe deer.

Here's a doozy: roistering.

Do you know what it means?

Merrymaking noisily.

So, all you ABCers-go forth and be good roisterer's!!

I think I'm getting rather rambunctious...

13 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

I especially like the stacked rocks.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Sylvia K said...

Your posts for ABC are always wonderful and bring lots of smiles! Today is certainly no exception! So many great Rs for the day! Hope your week is going well! Enjoy!

Sylvia
ABC Team

Kate said...

The view of the top photo is ravishing indeed and I have a special affinity for the rocks. I collect them wherever I go to visit.

Reader Wil said...

Your photos show beautiful "R"words! The apples look very delicious!

photowannabe said...

Yummy apples and terrific use of R's. Love the Red Rocks especially. Its always fun to come here and see what you create for each letter of the alphabet.

Kay L. Davies said...

Rambunctious roisterers rock!
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Maryhocam said...

Love the word rockribbed. Much more descriptive than stubborn. Will add this to my vocabulary. The photo of the stacked rocks is my favourite.

Hildred said...

Wonderful R photos, Paula, but I love the river most of all.

J.Rylie.C said...

I love being part of ABC, it enRiches my vocabulaRy. You choice of R is teRRific!

Would you mind to visit my R post, please?

Tumblewords: said...

Rousing R post! Love the rocks and your superb narrative!

Gigi Ann said...

What a beautiful picture of the River. And I learned a few new R words today. Great R post today.

Joy said...

The bend on the Rio Grande is very beautiful; the roadrunner of course I only know through cartoons:-) I am inspired by the river rocks, now I will have to choose my stream.

Meri said...

A rolicking good time!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin