Sunday, January 02, 2011

Webs Spun In Silence



"we need to find God,
and He cannot be found in noise and restlessness.
God is the friend of silence.
see how nature -
trees, flowers, grass-
grows in silence;
see the stars, the moon and the sun,
how they move in silence...
we need silence to be able to touch souls"
~Mother Teresa


This week I am hanging the art of my dear friend, Delma M. Petrullo who passed away in June 2009. I missed seeing her art anywhere at all, so I asked her husband, Robert if I could hang her work at the Inn at Rio Rancho. In getting the paintings out that were to be hung, I was amazed at this cobweb on the edge of the frame and onto the top part of the painting. 
It is as if it were a symbol of a life that has passed away and of life going on. All wrapped up in this teeny tiny web.

5 comments:

rebecca said...

oh paula...this quiet that you wrap us in is deep in meaning. and your tenderness of attending to an artist who has left us by returning the work of her hands into the reflective eye of the living is so vital.
add to that the web of life.....

stunning!

Anonymous said...

Although I don't like spiders or their webs, I really loved that quote from Mother Teresa. I bought several books of her writings a few years ago. She holds a special place in my heart.

foxysue said...

The life of the artist lives on in the art, the spider was keeping it company until your friend's work was honoured with a place to breath!

Lovely that your friend lives on in your heart.

Sue x

turquoise cro said...

I too, LOVE Mother Teresa!!Such a beauty! and your SWEET memories of your friend are ecstasy!

Noelle Clearwater said...

I love Mother Teresa's comment. It is so profoundly true and spoke to my heart in a very deep way this morning. Thank you for sharing it. I also was very moved by your bringing out the art of your friend and noticing the cobweb on the frame, the time that had passed. There is deep reflection in that moment.
Noelle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin