Saturday, July 22, 2017

The Golden Ratio






Perfect combo: shadow patterns on a patterned leaf. The patterns that we see in plants and flowers-is really quite mathematical. Genetically wired with algorithms that tell the plant how to grow-such as the Golden Ratio and Fibonacci sequences.

Don't be fooled into thinking that I understand this mathematic gobbledegook. I don't! I've told you all I know.
But, it is fascinating, isn't it?


Join us as a group of us (yes-there are many of us!) from around the world post our shadow shots over at Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted!

4 comments:

colleen said...

This really tickles my fancy!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Nice capture, Paula! Thanks for linking to Shadow Shot Sunday 2.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great shot, I have read about the math describing natures lines and forms and still haven't quite figured out whether nature follows the math, or the math was derived from nature.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely shadow shot ~ I love lines of the plant ~ Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin