Saturday, August 27, 2011

I'll Take Two of Those To Go Please!

Here in the sunny southwest, you are never far from a shadow or two or three. Or more.


the cart

Even when shopping for your weekly groceries. All you need to do is to spend more time looking down (but don't run into anything). Taking out the groceries to my car, I get the cheap thrill of some entertaining shadows. I am easily amused and distracted. Grocery carts make the best shadows.

 the hatch from the back of my car


If I didn't tell you what caused this shadow, would you have guessed it? It is fun to see shadows without the reference of what caused them. Sometimes it can be a real brain twister.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jxzlgKjohCA/TDU-IQ79h-I/AAAAAAAABdE/aBYTrcH7Q0c/s1600/IMG_3956.JPG


"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." (Martin Luther King)

Every week, a group of us from around the world post our shadow shots over at Hey Harriet. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted! You can view all of my 2010 Shadow Shot Sunday images on my Flickr account. Click here to view them.


Yes. I'll take two of those shadows to go, please...

14 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Love your shadow shots for the day, as always, Paula! And isn't it fun, once you start looking for them, all the different places you find them and that you would never have noticed before you started playing SSS??? I almost take my camera from room to room around the house because you never know what you'll find! I love it! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

The cart - yes, the hatch - no! Clever shots Paula :) Makes getting the groceries all the more fun!!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

After the photo of the cart, I was expecting the horse! :-)

SHADOW DITTY

Shadows of onyx, shadows of grey,
Shadows to chase my doldrums away;
Shadows each morning, shadows at night,
Shadows, O shadows, you’re my delight!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadows of Mexico here and here

Kay L. Davies said...

I figured out the grocery cart, but wouldn't have figured out the second photo. Good work, Paula.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Ms. Becky said...

I never noticed so many shadows until SSS. now they're everywhere! yours are very artistic shadows. I love them. and I probably would not have known what they were! happy SSS to you.

laurel said...

Those are great shadow shots!

Cassie said...

Very cool. Grocery cart shadows...Now I'm hungry!! Since I'm at Starbucks using their Wi-Fi, I guess I'm at the right place. hehe.

A Wild Thing said...

And no I would've never guessed what your second shot was, but what perfect shadows they are, gotta love that sun, even as it's making the days shorter, I still gotta have it...though we could use a little rain Ma Nature!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Unknown said...

Great shadows! I wouldn't have guessed the second one. This is my third week participating in SSS and I'm amazed too at all the shadows that appear when you start looking for them!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Love that first shot.

Spadoman said...

Well, the obvious is ole Mr. Sol caused the shadows. But then again, could be you shopped at night and the parking lot had a very good lighting system.
If that was the case and you told me you moved your car to get the best shadow angle, then I'd be impressed. LOL
Peace sent your way to you and husband. Prayers too.

Peace

Spadoman said...

Well, the obvious is ole Mr. Sol caused the shadows. But then again, could be you shopped at night and the parking lot had a very good lighting system.
If that was the case and you told me you moved your car to get the best shadow angle, then I'd be impressed. LOL
Peace sent your way to you and husband. Prayers too.

Peace

Catherine said...

what intriguing shadows this week!! lovely

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very good photos, especially I like the first one.

Regards!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin