Saturday, June 04, 2011

Liltingly Lacey Shadows



Angel in the Shadows of Lace 



She sits in the entry way of my friend's home who lives right down the street from me. My husband and I were there visiting and I needed to retrieve something from my purse which was in the bedroom. Which required me to pass through the front entryway and lo and behold! The angel of God sitting there with these wonderful lacey shadows dancing around her. And you know with the afternoon sun, you have to act fast, so, yes, you guessed it. Out comes my cell phone to snap this fleeting moment in time. Note too, how her wings cast a humongous shadow in the left part of the picture plane.

More lacey shadows of a different kind



These two images are related to each other in my mind. Perhaps not yours, but that's OK. There is nothing that requires us to see things exactly the same, is it there? This is my bathroom glass and I noticed the lacey pattern that it cast. Immortalized forever digitally.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jxzlgKjohCA/TDU-IQ79h-I/AAAAAAAABdE/aBYTrcH7Q0c/s1600/IMG_3956.JPG

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." (Martin Luther King)

Every week, a group of us from around the world post our shadow shots over at Hey Harriet. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted! You can view all of my 2010 Shadow Shot Sunday images on my Flickr account. Click here to view them.

As a SSS participant, please post your shadow shots over at the Flickr SSS Group Room! It would be nice to create a large 'album' of our images.

I love hearing your comments and please feel free to share this on your Face Book page!

19 comments:

cieldequimper said...

The first one is gorgeous!

Sylvia K said...

Love them both, but the second is my favorite! Hope your weekend goes well, Paula! Enjoy!


Sylvia

Martha Z said...

The glass does give a lacy pattern just as the curtain does.

Catherine said...

lovely lacey shots which linger liltingly long after!!

Cassie said...

I really love these ShadowShots! The angel looks like delicate spirits are surrounding her. Happy SSS!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

They are both exquisite shadow shots!

BE MY COMPANION

Come here, my shadow,
Do not delay;
Be my companion,
Show me the way;
Teach me your secrets,
Chant as we go
Of light and darkness—
Make my heart glow!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadows here and here

MyMaracas said...

The angel seems to be contemplating the swirling universe of shadows around her. And the pattern cast my your glass is gorgeous.

J.Rylie.C said...

So beautiful!!

Can I invite you to join the meme I just launched? It is called Color Connection, you can just post anything with color of your choice. Hope you can join the fun. Thank you!

Kay L. Davies said...

I love the lace with the angel's wings.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Ralph said...

Perhaps the lace replicates the view of heaven as the angel sits above. Maybe the lace adds that dimension of a heavenly place in our minds - somewhat mysterious to our human minds. But angel and 'sky' are quite beautiful together!

I see the lacy look in the reflection/shadow of the glass, too. The kitchen shadows can be unique, just keep a camera handy...

Ms. Becky said...

the angel shadows are so lacy and lovely, they're magical. I see the lace in the shadow of the glass too. I really like the light's glow in the second. happy SSS, and I hope you have a wonderful week.

EG CameraGirl said...

I can see a relation, Paula. I see attractive lacy shadows in both.

Karen said...

Lovely lacies.

Hey Harriet said...

Those lacey shadows surrounding the angel are so lovely! And the glow is a bonus! Wow! I like the second shot also. I hope you're having a super weekend :)

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Both cool shots!

BLOGitse said...

I see what you mean...both are great. Have a relaxing Sunday and a good week ahead!

A Wild Thing said...

Funny how they do jump out at us, whether it be skulls or angels, all is fair game in this meme. Another black scary storm just rumbled through my neck o the woods, ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Have a fun summery weekend!

Patti said...

The angel capture is just beautiful.

And it's amazing that something as mundane as a glass could cast such a delightful shadow!

Thanks for stopping by ~

robin. said...

you are right...we don't have to see the same thing...and that's what make photography so wonderful. i do very much appreciate your eye tho!! the lace dancing around the angel is especially pleasing!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin