Monday, August 28, 2006

Up close and personal

Much of my photography reflects my approach to life. I enjoy looking at things from different perspectives (if you've been reading this blog for a while, you might have noticed that). I like getting in as close as possible; noticing all the details that the eye can see. Often, when I look at the imaged I've taken, I'm able to see more than I did out in the field. I find this to be very exciting. When I spend time reflecting on events, the same things occurs. I see things I didn't see when the event unfolded itself. I get to hold it in my mind's perspective and examine it from different angles. If you look back to a previous posting, called "Reflections", I have an image of a ditch within that series. This was taken the same day. I got up close to the bank of the ditch among the litter and the very large black ants crawling everywhere to take this shot. Too often we let ourselves zip by little vignettes like this and think nothing of it. But, captured here for you to view at your leisure, it lends itself to a whole different feeling. And when you take the time in small moments like this to soak it all in, even if it's for a few brief seconds, you are living in the moment. Up close and personal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin