Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wall Shadows

Every week, a group of us from around the world post our shadow shots over at Hey Harriet. Entertain your muse by stopping by to see what others have posted!

Like an appreciative audience jumping to their feet, clamoring for more of what they just witnessed. Excited and restrained all at the same time. These grow in my side yard. Although I planted them many years ago, I am not certain what the name of this grass is. I know that it is a native grass and I think it's called feather grass. But, I could be wrong!

I thought this was hysterical. What first caught my attention was the white bear peaking out from the window of the storage shed. As I began to take pictures, I realized that there was a very annoyed cat looking at me wondering why I had to disturb his early morning snooze!

And I just love the transparent shadow cast by the glass of this bird feeder in my friend's yard. It just speaks of magic to me, but perhaps you don't see it. I can't explain it, but something as ordinary as this, I find great beauty in.

All three images have at least two things in common. The obvious is that they are all shadows. Second, they are shadows cast on walls. If you find anymore, leave me a comment to let me know! I'm always looking for more connections!

10 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Fabulous shadow shots! Love the second one! It's hilarious! Have a great weekend!

Rosebud Collection said...

Great shots..I got a good laugh at the bear too. At first I didn't see the cat. Really nice pictures.
Happy SSS.

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

Great shadow set - love them all.

Chubby Chieque said...

And I love the stairs itself too½ he he...

Yeah... if cat could talk, he will yell at you to back off coz he's till in his deep chill out.

A lovely catch as usual, lady!

Happy day---

Shannon said...

i am often intrigued by shadows cast by glass! So cool! :)

Hey Harriet said...

That second one with the bear has to be my fave of these! It appears that he climbed up the ladder but can't figure out how to climb back down the ladder. Or perhaps he's scared of cats and is simply waiting for the cat to move before making his escape back to the woods to rejoin his bear buddies :)

Jacqui said...

haha! - what a great set of shots. Poor old bear. I loved the glass feeder and the delicate tracery of the grasses on the wall. xxx

robin. said...

i so understand when something "speaks" to you and you find great joy in snapping the picture. thanks for sharing...great shots.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Against the blue wall
a leaning ladder lures me
onward and upward.

Jane Hards Photography said...

That first image is just amazing. Lovely collection but the baby birds are the ones for me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin