Sunday, June 17, 2007

Silent words

A part of me wants to write something and the other part of me is too frazzled. But, I read something today that was so resounding: "The one to whom little is forgiven, loves little." It's about not holding grudges. It's about moving on. It's about letting go. It's about the empty vessle I talked about a while back (you've got to empty it in order to fill it). It's about learning to forgive each and every day to whatever wrong doing you encounter. Pretty tall order, I'd say. The only time that I found this task to be relatively 'easy' was during peri-menopause when I couldn't remember WHY I was punishing my son and for how long, let alone for what deed. Many women find this lack of control over their memory to be disturbing. I would too from time to time, but on the other hand, it was quite liberating to not be able to remember what it was that had me so mad in the first place! In those moments when I could not hang onto to anything as far as my memory goes, I was living in the moment. So simple, yet not. This rustic looking image is an encaustic piece I did at ArtFest back in March. I'm not very good at producing a finished product in workshops and classes and I'm never really happy with what I produce in class. I'm not particularly thrilled with this piece, but it is what it is. When I'm in a class,I know that I'm not there to make great art, but to learn great art techniques, so I let go of that expectation and focus on learning the process. And, so there you go...my thougts for today. So much for silent words!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin