Saturday, February 25, 2017

Kaupoa Beach





What used to be the beach portion of (for a short time) a posh eco camp site that Molokai Ranch (who happens to own quite a bit of the best land that there is on Molokai) had built circa 1990s I'm not exactly sure how long the eco camp was open-maybe a decade. I'm not sure, as I can't seem to find the exact dates. Anyway, it is now an abandoned site which seems to be the pattern that Molokai Ranch has had. The company has always been owned by entities that are not from Molokai and often overseas. They build and develop beautiful things only to abandon them abruptly-perhaps for political reasons or a business decision that they wanted somewhere to lose money. Who knows. One can only speculate, but it sure defies logic! The lodge they had built in 2000 was gorgeous. A huge endeavor. I don't think it was around for even a decade before they shut it down. I've heard talk for the past couple of years that they want to open up the lodge again and that certainly would be nice, but I can also understand everyone's skepticism when they hear this rhetoric.

Join us as a group of us (yes-there are many of us!) from around the world post our shadow shots over at Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted!

4 comments:

colleen said...

I want to play it like an xylophone.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

More than the shadows (which are fascinating), I love the view to the ocean beyond. Magnificent!

Gemma Wiseman said...

What a magnificent view of coastline and waters.

Kim Coffee-Isaak said...

Beautiful photo! My daughter and I stayed at the ranch for a stay-cation one year probably 15 years ago. We had fun riding horses and sleeping in a tentalow. Amy was about 10 years old so it was a special trip for me - they grow up so fast! But 'twas an interesting enterprise-so luxurious yet so elemental. Was not too aware of their eco friendly reality but do wish it was doing it well and doing it right enough to still be around. Having fun getting to know you via your websites.
Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin