Saturday, November 26, 2016

Something To Be Glad About





Hopefully, those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a great gathering whether it be with family and/or friends or even if it was a party of one. After we got home from our event last night and everyone else went to bed, I ended up watching a remake of the movie, "Pollyanna" on Public Television. I remember watching the Disney version in black and white with Haley Mills when I was young. I'd say that I think I like this version better. You notice more details about the story. Pollyanna ended up living with her spinster Aunt after being orphaned and she managed to enchant the entire village with her cheerful perspective in life by making everyone play her 'glad game'. It was a game where you had to think of something to be glad about because she felt that there was always something that you could be glad about. I think I sometimes do a similar thing but instead, I think about all the things that could be worse which makes me glad about whatever it is that I am dealing with.

So, what is it that you are glad about?


Join us as a group of us (yes-there are many of us!) from around the world post our shadow shots over at Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted!

5 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Lovely little shadowy structure!

colleen said...

Glad to rest in the retreat of my own room. Nice shot.

carol l mckenna said...

Creative shadow shot ~ I am grateful for all ~ especially my health and Yorkie ~

Wishing you a lovely week ~ ^_^

Oman said...

just to wake up every morning and say hello to everyone made me glad :)

rebecca said...

dearest paula,
oh my i too remember pollyanna from my childhood and was so happy to watch this new version on PBS thanksgiving night. adore the positive light pollyanna brought to even the most challenging losses of her young life. i was thinking about the day i was so fortunate to meet you when you traveled through arizona. and how joyful i am that you have returned to hawaii!
you have such a kind and loving heart- life is brighter with your very presence!
how can another year have passed so quickly? i am sharing twelve days of mary and miss your sweet presence. this year more than ever we need the pure compassion of mother love. hoping to see your radiant heart-even for a day in this gathering of light! xo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin