Saturday, August 02, 2014

The Perfect Shadow

...Of Mt. Fuji can be found here (and read the story that tells of the attempts).

Mt. Fuji Shadow © Kris JB

Photographer, Kris JB took this spectacular image. It was not a lucky shot-it was a result of several attempts and climbs in order to get this. Mind you, Mt. Fuji is often enshrouded in clouds just to give you a sense of appreciation of his efforts.

I can't even say that I wish I had taken this shot as I don't feel that way! I'm not one to climb a mountain such as Mt. Fuji repeatedly to get a shot like this-I don't have it in me. I'm glad Kris did, though!

And, as hard as it is to not post my very own shadow shot this week, I'm afraid I 'have to' so that you can fully soak in the awesomeness of this image and the energy it took to get it just so. You can purchase a copy of this print at Kris's website.

Spectacular. 

Bravo, Kris JB! Bravo!

Come join us every week, as a group of us from around the world post our shadow shots over at Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted!

6 comments:

Sylvia K said...

WOW!! Am awesome shadow shot that is indeed, Paula!! Your friend is one talented photographer!! Thanks for sharing! Have a lovely weekend!!

Ralph said...

Such a fantastic view! I hadn't considered the land below the famous Mount to be covered in red rock, thinking of the iconic Fuji to be covered in snow as I have always looked up...but not down as Kris shows us here. Beautiful!

Kathe W. said...

thanks so much for posting this epic photo!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Persistence pays off, does it not?

Leovi said...

Very beautiful, wonderful and impressive shadow, almost divine!

BLOGitse said...

What a shot, wow!
Sunny and hot greetings from Helsinki, no mountains nearby... :)

my blog is here:
BLOGitse

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin