Tuesday, December 03, 2013

"A Virgin A Day": Day 3



Somewhere in Old Town, Albuquerque, there is an old cottonwood tree that someone has painted what they saw as the form of the Virgin Mary.

THE FLOWERS OF MARY

"My Love Is Like..." © Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio


The mystic rose, symbolizes Mary's mystical participation in the Holy Trinity as Heaven's Rose or Mystical Rose.





An annual tradition for a group of us (hosted by the amazing Rebecca Brooks) is to post something about our Blessed Mother for 12 days-starting with December 1st and concluding on the Feast Day of Our Lady Of Guadalupe on Dec. 12th. I will admit, that for all of us, our lives are busy lives; particularly as we head into the Holiday Season. This kind of commitment is not as easy to do as one would think! However, it is not an exclusive group. You may join in just for one day, partial, or all!

And, by all means, please be sure to stop by and visit a few others who are on this 12 day journey.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautifully you've invited everyone to join us in the days ahead as we share Twelve Days of Mary. I love this Albuquerque artist's whimsy and needed the reminder about the mystical rose.

rebecca said...

dear paula,
i am so grateful you are in my life. thank you for walking these days sharing mary love in all her glory.
i love that blue seems to be the colour of the day!
xo

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

What a magical find: Mary of the Cottonwood! ;)

Lea said...

Dear Paula, I was in Albuquerque at the end of September! I would have loved to have seen this image in person, but I'm grateful to have you share it here! I so love the symbolism of the mystic rose. Your pics and commentary are wonderful.

peggy gatto said...

How divine!

Gillena Cox said...

divine indeed; happy you stopped over at my blog

much love...

Hettienne Grobler said...

My days are your nights (I am in South Africa) so I sometimes only see posts much later - I missed this one - what a wonderful image - in India they paint the face of Shiva in the roots of trees that protrude from the ground

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin