Saturday, September 01, 2012

Ainapua Shadows





Soft breezes gently
Caressing the sun's gold warmth
Lazy afternoon


Taken from the guest room at my brother's house in Honolulu where I had stayed on my trip home two weeks ago (I always stay there when I come home). It has become a steady beacon for me on each of my journeys home. Very comforting. Very familiar.


"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." (Martin Luther King)

Every week, a group of us from around the world post our shadow shots over at Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted! You can view all of my 2011 Shadow Shot Sunday images on my Flickr account.
Click here to view them.

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Such a lovely, peaceful shadow shot it is, Paula! You always find the best and most interesting SS for the day! I hope you have a great holiday weekend! Enjoy!!

Ralph said...

You can leave your childhood home - yet, the comfort of the past and its good and loving times means we have never completely left it. So, the look and feel of your brother's home lets you know is that your 'home', NM or Hawaii, is truly where your heart is at any time...

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The comfort of the familiar coupled with soothing shadows--what more could you ask for?

Recipe for Shadows

EJ said...

That is a beautiful shadow shot.

Come see my shadow

robin. said...

love all the lines and patterns in your shadow today paula. happy weekend!!!!

LV said...

You found a great shadow on this visit.

Chubskulit Rose said...

This is such a gorgeous shot Paula!

End of Summer Shadows.
Have a blessed Sunday!

Catherine said...

this is a really beautiful shot - love the shadowy shadows...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin