Friday, December 03, 2010

Our Daily Mary: Day 3


The Virgin Mary every day from  December 1-12th.  Rebecca is hosting this meme.Thanks, Rebecca! If you want to join in, go to her blog and post your link.


Sub Tuum Praesidum


This prayer, known in Latin as "Sub tuum Praesidium" and first found in a Greek papyrus, c. 300, is the oldest known prayer to the Virgin. 
 
We turn to you for protection,
Holy Mother of God.
Listen to our prayers
and help us in our needs.
Save us from every danger,
glorious and blessed Virgin.
 
This one is one that I have not encountered-I did a search on prayers to Mary and found this from a Marian Prayer site. I rather like this prayer!

3 comments:

rebecca said...

love this prayer...love this virgin!

(who knew virgins could be so much fun???)

turquoise cro said...

SWEET!!!

Noelle Clearwater said...

My mother had a statue like this when I was growing up. It is very beautiful. I am glad that she gives you so much comfort.
Peace and Light,
Noelle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin