Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Welcome the Whacky, Wild, Wet, Wonderful W's

ABC Wednesday is a word meme with participants from around the world. Our Host, Mrs. Nesbitt hails from Great Britain. We started with the letter, "A" and each week we post something in regards to the next letter of the alphabet. We are now in our second year, round 4! This week's letter is,"W".

Water tower. You'll find this one along the roadside next to the Taos creek on the way up to the Taos Ski Valley. I love what some creative spray artist has done with it! I'm sure it wasn't 'commissioned', but what a wonderful and wild visual treat this is!

Waffle. Call me whacky for getting up the other day to make waffles for my husband just so that I could photograph them for today's meme!

Windows. I love windows that speak of antiquities of the past. This one is no exception. This is the building for the Visitor Greeting Center of the Bandelier State Park (also a National Monument) which is located near Los Alamos, here in New Mexico.

Waves. Hawaii has a worldwide reputation for it's waves; especially amongst the surfing crowd. That's my seventeen year old son, John paddling out in hopes of catching some of those said waves. The location for these waves is the Honoli'i Park in Hilo, Hawaii.

Well, I've gone wonkers with the W's. Feel free to join in with your "W" words!!

12 comments:

Paula In Pinetop said...

Wowza ~ wonderful,wild woman that you are...................so glad to have met you...........

Leslie: said...

Great choices and photos for today! Thanks for popping by. :D

Bradley Hsi said...

We were at Taos last fall and enjoyed photographing the surrounding including many beautiful mural painting on the roadside. I enjoyed you pictures very much. they are so vivid in color.

Janie said...

Wildly well-photographed and witty post. You did some wandering to get all those pics. Fun to read! I've been to Taos and Bandolier. I need to wander on over to Hawaii to complete the tour.

david mcmahon said...

Waffles! Brilliant - that reminds me of my time in Belgium.

Unknown said...

Love, love, love that window! So cool. and the waffle made me hungry!

photowannabe said...

Perfect choices for W. I don't think you are Wonkers...

Reader Wil said...

Great and beautiful W words. The waffle looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Q said...

Wonderful!
I too love the spray art!
Happy ABC Wednesday. I look forward to posting each week too. I understand fixing waffles for the photo op!
Thanks! Nice meeting you and your art.
Sherry

Joy said...

Wow what a great photo group for the letter W. Waffles and a dip in the waves what could be nicer.

Jay said...

The water tower is wonderful! I love it! Commissioned or not, that picture livens things up a lot, doesn't it?

Your waffle reminded me that I took a picture of a banana and honey wrap for my ABC contribution and forgot to use it!

Tumblewords: said...

Wow - cool W post!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin