Saturday, June 06, 2009

National Drawing Day

Jessica Wesolick's Cre8it Art Blog notified us that today, June 6th is National Drawing Day. She put the call out to do a drawing and post it in her comment section on her blog. I hadn't drawn anything in a long time and this is really more of a sketch than a drawing, but I did want to participate and get motivated to get back to drawing again.

I worked from a photo I took of my son when he was about four or five years old pretending to be a 'muscle' man!

And, for the sake of sheer entertainment, you have just GOT to see this brilliantly executed animation done by Alan Becker called,"Animator vs. Animation": http://alanbecker.deviantart.com/art/Animator-vs-Animation-34244097

I hope you go on over to Jessica's Blog to see what others have posted and perhaps YOU will be inspired to draw and post too!

Happy National Drawing Day!

4 comments:

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Hey Paula! Great job! Karrie & I both were just saying that we need to get back in the habbit of drawing again....now we have inspiration!

Hey Harriet said...

love your 'muscle man' illustration!

Rosebud Collection said...

I have got to get back into it.
You did a wonderful job, it is adorable.
Happy SSS.

laurel said...

Wonderful drawing!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin