Saturday, June 23, 2007

June Bride

This image is from my glass negative collection. When I was rumbling through the pile of negatives, this one caught my eye. For one, it was a wedding photo where the bride doesn't look quite so miserable. I'm also intrigued by what that wreath is around her neck (it is a wreath, isn't it?). I'd like to think that they were trying to make a lei with the floral resources available to Albuquerque at that time. I think this was taken circa 1909-1918. Perhaps earlier than 1909 if one has more expertise in the clothing fashion of that era. Certainly not I! I wonder who this couple is...did they have children? Did they have a good life together? Were they happy? What did they do to occupy their time? The only thing I can be sure of is that they are no longer alive. Sigh...these people who live in this glass negative collection that I have stirs up so many questions that cannot be answered!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin